Activity of the Ministry of Agriculture and Institutions Subordinated There to in Relation to Supervision of the Handling of Food and Administration of Food Products Export to the Russian Federation
The audit is conducted in accordance with international auditing standards recognised in the Republic of Latvia. The audit was planned and performed to obtain reasonable assurance on compliance with the requirements of regulatory enactments of activity of the following institutions and efficient utilisation of the State budget funds:
1. Organisational structure and activity of the Ministry of Agriculture, developing and implementing the State and the European Union aid policy in the field of agriculture and fishery;
2. Activity of Rural Support Service, administering export compensations;
3. Activity of Latvian State Institute of Agrarian Economics related to market and export promotion;
4. Activity of Food and Veterinary Service:
4.1. Administering food products export to the Russian Federation;
4.2. In the area of State supervision and control on the handling of food.
5. The audit was conducted on the period from 1 January 2008 to 30 June 2009.
6. Examination, assessment and documents analysis was performed for obtaining audit evidence, as well as the interviews of management and responsible officials of the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Veterinary Service, Rural Support Service and Latvian State Institute of Agrarian Economics were conducted.
7. The audit provided sufficient and according audit evidence for drawing up the audit report.